American Institute for Southeast European Studies (AISEES) and the Balkan Heritage Foundation are pleased to announce a new scholarship for Balkan Heritage Field School Season 2022. The 1800 EUR (approx 2000 USD) scholarship, generously provided by AISEES, will be used to fund the cost of attending a 2022 Balkan Heritage Field School project. (It has no cash value and will be awarded as a tuition reduction only.) To see the list of eligible field schools go to https://www.bhfieldschool.org/program Please note that the "Neolithic of the Holy Land" project in Israel is not eligible for this scholarship.
- Age: 18-26
- US citizen or US permanent resident
- Must be enrolled in an accredited US college or university
- Field of study: Archaeology, conservation, history, cultural anthropology, or other relevant fields. Preference is given to students with studies focused on Southeastern Europe or the Balkans.
- Must be accepted into one of the 3-4 week Balkan Heritage Foundation 2022 field schools prior to the deadline. To apply to a field school: https://www.bhfieldschool.org/program
To apply: send the following to [email protected] and [email protected]
- A PDF with a 250-300 word motivation letter and your resume/CV. The motivation letter should consider: Why are you applying for the scholarship? What are your academic and professional goals related to archaeology and/or conservation? How would participating in a field school impact your educational and professional development? Do you have any specific interest in the Archaeology of SE Europe or the Balkans?
- a PDF with college transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable)
- Two letters of recommendation should be sent separately from your professors or academic supervisors
The deadline has been extended until April 20, 2022.
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted – no exceptions. The winner will be notified within two weeks of the deadline.
The awardee shall attend at least 85% of field school activities and be ready to share their experience on a video recorded during the field school attended as well as to prepare a short (2-3 pages) report about their experience in the field school. The report shall be submitted to the AISEES latest 4 weeks upon successful completion of the field school.
For more information, please contact us at:
[email protected] or [email protected]
Another scholarship for advanced students or scholars living in and traveling from southeastern Europe (see link for list of countries) is available from AISEES. The grants' aim is to support travel expenses to present original research at a professional
conference or symposium of international importance within the domains
of the Humanities and Social Sciences. For more details visit the AISEES page.