|If you've ever considered any (or all) of the following questions:|
- Could Archaeology or Conservation (or both) be my future job or hobby?
- What is real archaeological and conservation work like and can I do it?
- Why are the Balkans so important to the history and archaeology of the Old World and what is hidden out there?
- How can I learn, explore, volunteer, have fun and contribute to a cause all at the same time?
join a Balkan Heritage Field School (BHFS) today to get the answer.
The Balkan Heritage Field School provides opportunities for people
interested either professionally or personally in archaeology and conservation to:
- gain/expand their hands-on experience in archaeology, documentation and
conservation of monuments and artifacts;
- enhance their knowledge about the civilizations of the Old World and
their skills in various aspects of field archaeology, documentation and conservation of monuments and artifacts;
- broaden their intercultural experience and establish new contacts
- experience authentic Balkan hospitality and the heritage of so many ancient
students or specialists who need the experience for academic or professional
reasons, the BHFS guarantees high-quality training, prospective fields for study
and cooperation, references from reputed international experts and credit hours
by the New Bulgarian University.
who have archaeology and conservation as a hobby (or passion) we have more individual approach and create a friendly environment
to help them enjoy more aspects of archaeology and conservation as well as Balkan life and culture.
We don’t promise anything we can't fulfill. We provide:
- Informative and useful instruction by experienced and knowledgeable instructors;
- Patient training which considers individual needs and progress;
- Intercultural and travel experiences to remember;
- Comfortable accommodation facilities (in most cases in hotels and guest houses);
- Opportunities to obtain academic credits;
- New friends.