If you've ever considered any (or all) of the following questions:
- Could archaeology or conservation (or both) be my future job or hobby?
- What is real archaeological and conservation work like and can I do it?
- Why are the Balkans so important to the history and archaeology of the Old World and what is hidden out there?
- How can I learn, explore, volunteer, have fun and contribute to a cause all at the same time?
Join the Balkan Heritage Field School (BHFS) today to get the answer.
The Balkan Heritage Field School provides opportunities for people
interested either professionally or personally in archaeology and conservation to:
- gain/expand their hands-on experience in archaeology, documentation and
conservation of monuments and artifacts;
- enhance their knowledge about the civilizations of the Old World and
their skills in various aspects of field archaeology, documentation and conservation of monuments and artifacts;
- broaden their intercultural experience and establish new contacts
- experience authentic Balkan hospitality and the heritage of so many ancient
students or specialists who need the experience for academic or professional
reasons, BHFS guarantees high-quality training, prospective fields for study
and cooperation, references from reputed international experts and credit units.
who have archaeology and conservation as a hobby (or passion) we have more individual approach and create a friendly environment
to help them enjoy more aspects of archaeology and conservation as well as Balkan and Mediterranean life and culture.
Why choose BHFS?
- High quality education by experienced and knowledgeable instructors, excellent service and intercultural experience
- Great variety of field school projects and packages in 5 countries
- Participation in real ongoing research or conservation projects
- Work in small groups. Patient training which considers individual needs and progress
- Fast, easy and safe application and enrollment
- Affordable admission fees & various discounts
- Academic credits and scholarships for university & college students
- Internships & volunteer placements for alumni
- Safe countries & environment, LGBTQ+ and seniors friendly
- Comfortable lodging & flexible menu for various dietary needs
- Opportunities to collaborate with the Balkan Heritage Foundation beyond the field school as a (post)graduate student, researcher, volunteer or teaching assistant