American Institute for Southeast European Studies (AISEES) and the Balkan Heritage Foundation are pleased to announce a new scholarship for Balkan Heritage Field School Season 2020. The 1800 EUR (approx 2000 USD) scholarship, generously provided by AISEES, will be used to fund the cost of attending a 2020 Balkan Heritage Field School project. (It has no cash value and will be awarded as a tuition reduction only.) To see the list of eligible field schools: https://www.bhfieldschool.org/program
- Age: 18-26
- US citizen or US permanent resident
- Must be enrolled in an accredited US college or university
- Field of study: Archaeology, conservation, history, cultural anthropology or other relevant field. Preference given to students with studies focused on Southeastern Europe or the Balkans.
- Must be accepted into one of the 3-4 week Balkan Heritage Foundation 2020 field schools prior to the deadline. To apply to a field school: https://www.bhfieldschool.org/program
To apply: send the following to [email protected] and [email protected]
- A PDF with a 250-300 word motivation letter and your resume/CV. The motivation letter should consider: Why are you applying for the scholarship? What are your academic and professional goals related to archaeology and/or conservation? How would participating in a field school impact your educational and professional development? Do you have any specific interest in the Archaeology of SE Europe or the Balkans?
- a PDF with college transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable)
- Two letters of recommendation should be sent separately from your professors or academic supervisors
Deadline 10 April 2020. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted – no exceptions. Winner will be notified by 15 April 2020.
The awardee shall attend at least 85% of field school activities and be ready to share their experience on a video recorded during the field school attended as well as to prepare a short (2-3 pages) report about their experience in the field school. The report shall be submitted to the AISEES latest 4 weeks upon successful completion of the field school.
For more information, please contact us at:
[email protected] or [email protected]